Ease of Doing Business
eBiz is a Single Window System and is one of the integrated services projects and part of Mission Mode Projects (MMPs) under the National E-Governance Plan (NEGP) of the Government of India.
Accordingly, Government of Karnataka has also started integrated services for the project approvals of the line departments related to Industrial Investments, which provides online filing of application, processing, status verification and also provision of downloading of final certificate/clearances. The system also provides third party verification of the certificates & clearances issued.
Department of Industries and Commerce is committed to promote investment and trade in industry sector. Karnataka is the first State to enact Industries Facilitation Act in 2002. Karnataka Guarantee of Services to Citizens Act (Sakala Act) - was passed by the Government of Karnataka in 2011 defining clear timelines for providing various services. More than 80 Industry related services covered under Sakala Act.
- “Guide to Investors on setting up of Industrial Enterprise” providing holistic information on infrastructure, registrations, approvals, etc. on Single Window portal.
- Registrations/approvals of departments provided online through Single Window portal.
- Timelines fixed for providing most of the industry related services under Karnataka Guarantee of Services to Citizens Act.
- Property registration fully computerised.
- Line department applications are made online with provision for online payment and digitally signed downloadable & verifiable certificates.
Facilities offered by eBiz Karnataka